Sunday, September 23, 2012

Desire to Dazzle



Katie here. 

After our first post I had this nagging, unrelenting feeling of concern. It's ironic because I desire, with all my heart, vulnerable and honest relationships... but it's the hardest darn thing to do! I open up with full force and often walk away wondering what others are thinking of my heart being tossed up and handed to them on a platter. But because it's difficult is the very reason I open this little heart of mine. Yup I'm gonna let it shine!
"Living out of the false self creates a compulsive desire to present a perfect image to the public so that everybody will admire us and nobody will know us." 
-Brennan Manning 

I have a compulsive desire to dazzle others and present a perfect image. However, I think we will never truly be known without a massive dose of vulnerability and an understanding of our acceptance and identity in Christ. Once we embrace our brokenness and fling open our hearts to receive grace, we can then push through the threshold of trying to portray perfection. Through blogging and chatting I want to fight the incessant desire to dazzle. I want to portray the unshakable truth that this whole life thing cannot be done apart from God's tremendous grace.  I am broken, sinful, and in desperate need of a Savior who makes all things new. So that's why Austin and I started this blog.  We want to share in the beautiful imperfections, all the while being swept away by a God whose grace sustains.

1 comment:

  1. I get the nagging feeling a lot when I write. Don't listen to it: your heart is beautiful. Keep writing from it!

    ReplyDelete