Monday, October 15, 2012

Harper's Ferry adventure


Last  weekend Austin and I ventured to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia to breathe in the countryside air and bask in the glory of fall. The trees hadn't turned their vibrant colors yet...but that didn't rain on our fall leaves parade. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend! We stayed at a bed and breakfast called The Angler's Inn. It is a cozy, quaint place just walking distance from the cobble stone streets of downtown Harper's Ferry.
 
Here we are! Married. In Harper's Ferry. Exploring the town and soaking up God's beautiful creation. Pure bliss.

It was exactly what our hearts needed. I love how timely our Lord is. We haven't spent much time together these past three weeks so this past weekend was looked upon with great anticipation. I'm learning more each day about the friend I have in Austin. 
"You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride." Song of Solomon 4:9
This verse beautifully articulates the closeness Solomon experienced with his beloved- his sister, his friend, his bride. God has entrusted me with Austin, who is not only my husband but my dearest friend! I'm swimming in thankfulness for this wonderful gift and so grateful to God for His life blessings.


Well, that's all folks. More adventures to come...



1 comment: