Friday, October 19, 2012

Clumsy and Nonsensical Acts




Austin knew about my clumsiness and sometimes-nonsensical acts. However, since we got married he's had a front row seat in my life's little mishaps.

Since June:

- I left the passenger side window down overnight (on accident) and a BIG thunderous storm rolled through. The next morning (mind you it's about 5 am) Austin opened the car door only to find rainwater sloshing out of the passenger car door. The seat was soaked. He arrived to work with a soggy bottom...

- I let a candle's wick burn too high and the smoke left a black shadow on our slanted, tee pee ceiling.

- I planned a date to the movies and assured Austin of a gift certificate I had so we wouldn't have to pay. It would be a cheap date night! Well, one thing led to another and I was late picking him up from the metro. I rushed there to get him, we rushed to the movie theater, then rushed to the ticket counter."Your total is $20." Smiling, I handed her my gift certificate. "Okay, that will be $19." Umm whoops. Austin smiled, shook his head and said "we are so different." We were late to the movie...


Austin's right. We are so different. He plans ahead, organizes, and pays attention to detail. I am somewhat unorganized, forgetful, and without fail over-pack my schedule. But hey, what's marriage without laughing at each other's differences? And what I love most is that no matter how ridiculous and forgetful I can be Austin still accepts me for the wild forgetful woman I am.

What a man!




No comments:

Post a Comment